PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY | PRP INJECTIONS TREAT
PRP (or platelet rich plasma) therapy is a new, non-operative type of treatment that naturally promotes the body’s own healing process for the purposes of pain relief or aesthetic enhancement.
PRP has most recently become popular among professional athletes (for treating sports injuries) and among celebrities (for use as an alternative to BOTOX® and other dermal fillers).
Platelet rich plasma is derived from human blood (using a patient’s own blood to be exact) that is spun down and separated, producing a concentration of platelets above normal values. Because platelets are the clotting cells of our blood, they also have great potential to:
- enhance the healing of tendons/muscles/ligaments
- release the growth factors that may augment tissue repair
- accelerate healing as well as cellular regeneration
Many patients have attributed PRP therapy (particularly for athletic injuries) with enabling them to return back to regular activities or competition with minimal to no pain
This rapidly emerging technique shows very promising potential for many conditions including:
- ligament sprains and tears
- fine lines (on the face) as a result of excess sun exposure
- crow’s feet or wrinkles around the eyes
Is PRP therapy a viable solution for your current injury or condition?
Schedule a consultation with a Body Symmetry MD team member TODAY!