What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair treatment is rapidly becoming one of the most popular aesthetic remedies across the U.S. This treatment beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorb the light, therefore destroys the hair. We Offer custom laser hair removal treatment with Three different types of laser devices to treat any unwanted hairs on all body areas. Both men and women can achieve permanent hair reduction on almost all body areas. Any color of the hair on all skin tones can be treated. More treatments may be needed for lighter hair colors and darker skin tones.
During a procedure, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Because of the extremely high energy of this device, excellent results for all types of hair can be expected—even after a patient’s initial treatment.
Additionally, the powerful cooling system within this device cools the skin immediately, making the whole process virtually painless.
We’ve recently incorporated the newest technology and protocols in laser hair removal here at our practice… with a diode laser.
This new Diode laser is not only 5 times faster than other laser technologies on the market, it DOES NOT feel hot or burn the skin—it is specifically tuned to only destroy the hair follicle.
Our medical director has developed protocols exactly for this new technology which allows patients to complete the hair removal process in a matter of weeks, not months!
The combination of this new technology and our protocols here at Body Symmetry MD allow patients to safely and effectively receive treatments twice a week, which means a targeted area can be hair-free in as soon as 4 to 6 weeks (rather than 8 to 12 months).
WHICH AREAS OF THE BODY CAN BE TREATED WITH LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Our medical estheticians can treat just about any part of the body, including:
- Top lip
- Entire face
- Bikini line
- Complete bikini area(s)
- Full back
- Photo Facial: A non-ablative treatment allows intense pulses of light penetrated deep into the skin to cause collagen and blood vessels below the epidermis to constrict, reducing redness and age lines, age/sun spots, and benign brown pigments.
- Toe Fungus: Onychomycosis is a fungal infection usually caused by a special type of fungus known as a dermatophyte. These sorts of fungi are generally confined to the dead, horny outer layers of the skin and gradually progress to involve the nail plate. The Candela YAG Nail Fungus Removal treatment option completely erases toenail fungus, usually eliminating the chance of a regrowth. Many fungus suffers don’t understand that fungus can be contagious, and can spread to other toes. This is why it is important to stop the fungus in its tracks, through a targeted laser treatment option that is excellent at killing the pathogens causing the fungus.
Our nail fungus removal treatment offers the following benefits:
- No recovery time needed afterward
- Minimal discomfort during the procedure
- No surgery
- No topical, potentially harmful medications
- Reduction and eventual elimination of nail discoloration
- Improvement in overall nail health
- Emitting a laser pulse that passes through the upper layer of skin
- The laser contacts the ink and breaks it apart
- The body reabsorbs and breaks down the ink
- After multiple treatments, the tattoo ink is completely broken down by the body
Interested in having an area of your body treated for hair removal?
Schedule a appointment with one of our medical estheticians for a consultation and pricing information!
Need more details about our laser hair removal treatments?
Contact us TODAY!